Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 5: The Rhythm of Your Mind-Body

Today's centering thought: I flow in rhythm with my mind and body. Well not quite yet, that is why I'm doing this challenge, to find that rhythm, to find balance. What I am finding during this challenge is that my rhythm in meditation is getting better and easier. I am able to relax into the meditation more quickly now and really quiet my mind. After the meditations I feel more centered and my mind is clearer, this makes for easier journaling or writing this blog ...sometimes. That being said it was a more difficult session in the sense that I really looked deep into myself to answer the questions coming to the surface, like my relationship with my sister or lack of it. I want to think I have control of our situation but I don't and today I owned up to it. 

I have been in denial about my relationship with my sister, maybe not denial but I have not really worked on it because I know it will be difficult and because my sister really doesn't care, I think. We have never really been close, we are complete opposites and if she wasn't my sister she is not a person I would be friends with. Don't get me wrong, even in our kind of estranged relationship she is still my sister and I love her in the good & bad, we are family after all. There is one thing we both have in common and that is our love for our mother, she has a long term disease that is incurable but we both have managed to find a way to communicate and have even become a little closer. This gives me hope that maybe we can put aside our differences and become more sisterly. 

These sessions are really opening my eyes, I am feeling less stress at each session because I am addressing each difficult situation that may come to the surface during the sessions, I am starting to let go or at the very least realize it is out of my control. I am finding real help and emotional release through meditation and the best part, I am healing myself by looking within and listening to my mind, body & spirit. 

Today's mantra was very much welcomed, "Om Anandham Namah", meaning my actions are blissfully free from attachment to outcome.





"As we learn about this mind-body connection and enter our meditation, commit to greeting every moment today with passion and joy" -Deepak Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment