Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 6: The Perfection of Your Body

Today's centering thought: I am perfection. I am healthy. I am strong ...and I am happy to be back to my daily meditations. It's been almost a week since I meditated and I have to say I missed it. Today's guided meditation was amazing and one of my faves. I really needed this one. Instead of sitting upright today we laid down and focused on relaxing and thanking our bodies for all they do. Do you ever do this? I certainly can't remember thanking my body, I want to believe I have. Anyway, I loved this and want to add this to my nightly routine before I go to bed. We brush our teeth and wash our faces before bed, why not thank our bodies for all they did that day ...sounds good to me!

Focus on the centering thought; I am perfection. I am healthy. I am strong. "Anywhere you feel tension invite the sense of ease, let go of any negative self talk. Visualize your brain, silently thank it for working in concert with your body enabling it to be healthy and alive." The Sanskrit mantra for today is: "So hum" meaning "I am." As you relax further mentally repeat the mantra "So hum". Breathe deep belly breaths ...so, on the inhale and hum, on the exhale ...so hum, so hum. I really enjoyed the breathing technique that went with this mantra, it really got me to focus and shut out the outside noises and the chatter in my head. Happy meditating and don't forget to thank your body today!




"When you settle in for meditation, pay attention to how your body feels. If there are feelings of discomfort anywhere in the body , send that area messages of kindness and love." -Deepak Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment