Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 8: Restoring Balance

Today's centering thought: With awareness, I create healthy habits. There are three types of awareness; unconscious, awareness & self awareness. I would say I am more in the awareness stage. I am aware of what I am doing that is not healthy for me but I choose to ignore it. I would like to become self aware so as to make better choices for my body, whether it is for my mind, body or spirit. I have had glimpses of this self awareness and it is wonderful, now I need to take it a step further by becoming self aware of everything I do ...that is a challenge I am happy to tackle. 

One of the questions asked today was, "How would your life improve if you changed your current patterns and habits?" I know my life would improve dramatically. One example would be my eating habits, while I do eat better I still eat enough bad stuff to impede progress in my weight loss. Another would be exercise, my jobs are physical but not enough to really change my body, either in weight loss, better flexibility or strength. Lastly, is my mind & spirit ...I do not spend enough time in this area and sometimes no time at all. This meditation challenge is jump starting me to make the time. What is that saying, "it takes you 22 times of doing something to create a habit" or something like that. Well, this challenge is only 21 days but i'm pretty sure I will be creating a great habit.

The Sanskrit mantra is: "Om Kriyam Namah" meaning, my actions are aligned with cosmic law. "Om Kriyam Namah" aka The Law of Karma acknowledges that there are reactions to our actions, consequences to our choices. Although we would like to believe that there is a simple relationship between cause and effect, yogic philosophy reminds us that "unfathomable is the field of karma." Therefore, we should use the intelligence of our mind and body to make the most conscious choice available to us at every moment.




"Examine your habits today. Ask yourself, "Does this benefit my body, mind and spirit?" If you find yourself habitually engaging in activities that do not support your healthy lifestyle, begin taking steps to change those habits that do not serve you." -Deepak Chopra

"Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." -C.G. Jung

No comments:

Post a Comment